Do you know what it means with disappointment?
Disappointment simply means "A feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized".. Today I really disappointed when I was rejected by a beverage factory, Etika Beverages Sdn. Bhd. that is 5mins from my house.. I disappointed not simply because they rejected me.. Know why?? Then I need to tell the story from one month ago.. One month ago, I called this factory to ask whether they taking students for internship or not.. But their answer was "NO".. Alright then I proceed to other factories.. Until yesterday, my friend told me that she called the beverage factory and the company asked her to send her CV to them and they will consider it.. So, my friend asked me to call and ask again.. Then today, I called that factory again.. Here were the conversation we had;Me : Hello.
Factory: Hello, Etika Beverages.
Me : I'm Poon from UPM. I would like to ask whether your company taking student for internship?
Factory: Hold on, please.
Me : Ok.
Factory: When is your internship?
Me : Next year Feb, for 6months.
Factory: Oh, we already had one candidate for that.
Me : Oh, because I called your company last month and your company said not taking student for internship.
Factory: Ya, last month our management don't want take intern student but after all, management change their mind and want to take intern student.
Me : Oh, means you sure taking that candidate already and don't want consider others?
Factory: Ya..
Me : Ok.. Thank you..
From the above conversation, you might not feel the disappointment I had.. But I seriously disappointed because they DID NOT EVEN GIVE ME A CHANCE to send my CV and directly rejected me.. I really don't understand why they don't want to give themselves a chance to choose intern student and also don't give me a chance to try!!! If they give me a try and eventually they still select my friend to be their intern student, I don't mind.. Because at least I had given a chance to try.. Fair enough.. And from this, I realized one thing.. Not all things apply "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE".. As I had called early, but I DID NOT EVEN SERVE A TRY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment